[Debburn-devel] License of cdrkit - GPLv2 + additional restrictions

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 01:06:23 UTC 2006

On 9/14/06, Markus Laire <malaire at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, it's possible that I should report a "serious"[1] bug for this,
> but I wanted to ask about this from debian-legal first, to know if
> others agree that this is a problem.

Reporting a serious bug is definitely correct.

Be sure to mention that there are two possible ways to
resolve this.

The clause is GPL-incompatible, but Joerg#1 said that
cdrecord was GPL. If his public statement controls, then
we can just remove the crud.

If his public statement does not control, then we need
to go back to code which does not contain such crud.