[Debburn-devel] Replacement of "cdrecord"

Kai Wb. debian at carbon-project.org
Sun Sep 24 16:19:57 UTC 2006

Christian Fromme wrote:
> On 23.09. 16:40, Kai Wb. wrote:
>> I've read the here the mailinglist and the TODO file in the repository.
>> One point is to change the name of the directory "cdrecord" to "wodim".
>> I'm currently working on that and have some questions:
>> 1. Is anybody else doing this (then we should merge our work or one
>> should stop (to save time).
>
> No, not that I know of.

Good, then I'm rather free. ;)

>> 2. When I'm up to renaming a directory and fixing the includes I would
>> suggest not only to change the name of the directory but also change the
>> name of the files cdrecord.[h|c]. I think it would make sense. Or is
>> there anything that stands against it? (apart from the work).
>
> Go ahead! :) But please use the cleanup/ branch for this. Thanks

I will try. I think if hunted most occurrences of the directory and
edited all symlinks. But according to your post it seems like I have to
do it another time because I think if downloaded the "normal" branch
from the repository. Doesn't matter.

Second thing: after the reply by  Albert Cahalan later on this thread
I'm not quite sure whether I should change the name of the script too
(because I think that is what he meant). But on the other side I'm not
sure that this will break anything, because the user (and therefore all
tools that built upon this package) doesn't see if the paths in the
source was modified or not. As long as the resulting binary is cmd-line
compatible there shouldn't be any problem.
If I'm wrong please enlighten me :)

> Best wishes,
> Christian

Thanks an best regards,
Kai

P.S.: I've only answered to this mail because my time is currently very
limited and I hope I responded to all aroused questions.

- --

Kai Wasserbäch (Kai Wasserbaech)

E-Mail: debian at carbon-project.org
Jabber (debianforum.de): Drizzt