[Debburn-devel] Re: License of cdrkit - GPLv2 + additional restrictions

Nathanael Nerode neroden at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 18 18:14:37 UTC 2006

<posted & mailed>

>> > (dvdrtools is in non-free solely because of the libscg "You may not"
>> > lines, which
>> > are *also* present in cdrkit.  Um.... there's some small problem
>> > there.)
>>
>> If you see a concrete problem, point it out. Or stop talking like there
>> were a problem.

There's clearly a problem, but I don't know if it's *your* problem or not.

Either
(1) cdrkit is non-free
OR
(2) dvdrtools is free.

I hope we can figure out which.  If dvdrtools is free, it shouldn't be
in 'non-free'.  If cdrkit is non-free, it shouldn't be in 'main'.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at fastmail.fm>

"It's just a goddamned piece of paper."
-- President Bush, referring to the US Constitution
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml