[Debburn-devel] Problem with Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-308B

John Talbut john at dpets.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 09:54:12 UTC 2007

I am now on kernel 2.6.22 and the same thing is happening, see

As I wrote before, there seems to be two problems, the initial failure then the
going into a loop.  I am interested in the first, since presumably if that could
be solved Wodim would work for me and the second problem would not occur.
However, I guess that others should be concerned about the second since
something going wrong here should not cause a loop with the potential to bring
the whole system down.

How can I take a diagnostic approach and find out more about what is going on?

Regards

John