[Debburn-devel] Google Summer of Code

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Wed Feb 21 19:59:12 CET 2007

#include <hallo.h>
* Florent Rougon [Tue, Feb 20 2007, 04:31:50PM]:
> Hi,
>
> Having read Steve McIntyre's latest mail[1] to debian-devel-announce, I
> wondered whether it would be a good idea to propose enhancements to
> genisoimage as a project for the Google Summer of Code[2].
>
> For instance, fixing genisoimage so that it can correctly handle files
> greater than 2 GB in UDF; or other UDF improvements, as suggested by the
> comments at the beginning of genisoimage/udf.c (on file names, on
> permissions, and other things that are currently too much tied to
> Joliet, as implied by these comments).
>
> What do the cdrkit Masters think?
>

> Note: This is just an idea; I am not proposing myself neither for the
>       student role, nor for the mentor role, because of a severe lack of
>       time, for one. :-/

Speaking for myself having the coder's hat on: TTBOMK my student status
is reaching its end in the next few weeks and therefore I can neither
participiate as a student nor is SoC's timing really optimal. But if
someone wants to hire me to do some full-time work on genisoimage (or
some equivalent tool), contact me privately.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
Wer über alles lachen könnte, würde die Welt beherrschen.
		-- Friedrich Schiller