[Debburn-devel] cdrkit-1.1.1

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Tue Jan 2 17:06:39 CET 2007

#include <hallo.h>
* Gabor Z. Papp [Tue, Jan 02 2007, 02:50:25PM]:
> * Eduard Bloch <edi at gmx.de>:
>
> | > Where can I find some more details about the problem?
>
> | Read the INSTALL file. The symptoms are different but the recommendation
> | should be applicable in your case.
>
> Read it, but got no new info.
>
> | > While using make CFLAGS="-I/pkg/include/ -L/pkg/lib" LDFLAGS="-I/pkg/include/ -L/pkg/lib"
> | > I'm still getting the error:
> | > CMake Error: Error: found a Linux system but no libcap header. Install libcap-dev.
> | > -- Configuring done
> | > make: *** [build/Makefile] Error 255
>
> | Retry after "make clean". cmake caches the values.
>
> Always done in that way. Isn't there a logfile somewhere what really
> fails? I see only "CMake Error: Error: found a Linux system but no
> libcap header." but don't know really what commandline fails.

FAQ updated, see below for config log locations:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debburn/cdrkit/trunk/INSTALL?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Problem: Library not found
Solution: Install the library and its development files. Depending on the
system distribution they can be shipped in different packages. Install them
all and make sure that the development files match the version of the main
library package.

Problem: Library not found during configuration though it's installed
Solution: Install the development files, see above for details.

Problem: Library not found though it's installed with dev files
Solution: Install the development files, see above for details. If you use
non-standard paths not known/searched by Cmake and/or your compiler, pass the
location of the headers in CFLAGS and the libraries via LDFLAGS. See examples
above.

Problem: None of those hints helps
Solution: Examine the following files:
    build/CMakeFiles/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log
    build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log
and look for failed commands. Some checks are expected to fail if the plattform
does not provide a certain feature, others must not fail. Look the failing
check and use THE FORCE to find related problems and solutions.

--
<Alfie> Ein Trackball ist auch nichts anderes als eine Maus, nur halt
	aus Australien.