[Debburn-devel] DVD-Video is shown empty on Windows XP

Bráulio Barros de Oliveira brauliobo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:39:48 UTC 2007

Hello group,

I've been using genisoimage (1.1.6) and growisofs (7.0) to create ISO9660
images of DVD-Video structure created with dvdauthor suite and burn it to a
DVD media. The DVD works perfect on my Gentoo Linux: I can play it on
Kaffeine and show its files on Konqueror. However, on Windows systems its
shown empty on Windows Explorer and it is not playable on Windows Media
Player, although it can be played with Cyberlink PowerDVD and Nero Showtime.
I've tried a variety of different combinations of command-line options to
genisoimage and growisofs. Some of them follow (from my ~/.bash_history ;)):

braulio at brauliopc /mnt/arquivos/dvd/veg $ cat ~/.bash_history | grep
genisoimage
genisoimage -o veg.iso -dvd-video -R -J dvd
genisoimage -o veg.iso -dvd-video -V Vegetarianismo -R -J dvd
genisoimage -o veg.iso -dvd-video -V Vegetarianismo -R dvd
genisoimage -o veg.iso -dvd-video -V Vegetarianismo -J -R dvd
genisoimage -o veg.iso -dvd-video -V Vegetarianismo -J -r -l dvd
genisoimage -o veg.iso -V Vegetarianismo -J -r -l -udf dvd
genisoimage -o veg.iso -r -J -l dvd
genisoimage -o veg.iso -r -J -l dvd
braulio at brauliopc /mnt/arquivos/dvd/veg $ cat ~/.bash_history | grep growiso
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/hda=veg.iso
growisofs -dvd-compat -dvd-video -Z /dev/hda=veg.iso
growisofs -Z /dev/hda=veg.iso

Each genisoimage comand was followed by one or more growisofs command(s).
The same problem happens when burning the DVD-Video strutucture or the .iso
from K3b.

Sincerely,
bráulio