[Debburn-devel] Bug: Icedax and special characters

Sylvain Gaudard hansalfredche at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 14:35:43 UTC 2007

Hi

First of all I'd like to thank all who help maintain icedax.

When retrieving information of an audio CD from CDDB (-cddb=0/1 command)
icedax outputs the requested information, however if special characters
like french,accents, german umlauts or scandinavian characters are
present those are replaced by a "_". I tried several charset encodings
with no success. I found no way of displaying the characters. The .inf
files that are created show the same symptom. No way of getting that "_"
to be interpreted as the correct character in the text editor. I have
observed this behaviour on several machines using either Ubuntu Feisty
Fawn or Mandriva Spring (both icedax 1.1.2 , if it helps).

Or did I miss something? I found nothing that could solve the problem.

Regards

Sylvain