[Debburn-devel] dvd+rw-format, DVD-RW media, wodim errors, unusable disk.

Leif W warp-9.9 at usa.net
Mon Jun 16 21:37:37 UTC 2008

> > > Just for curiosity: how did you use them before ?
> > > Write and blank by wodim ?
> > Before, I used growisofs only, and it worked to burn iso images from HDD
>
> But what did you do to re-use the DVD-RW media ?
> (Sequential ones need to be blanked before you can
> use them from scratch again.)

Before I got the idea to play with dvd+rw-format, I merely used growisofs,
which seemed to just "scrub" the old data and put on new data.  Then I saw
dvd+rw-format and thought maybe I need to use this to properly blank the
disc... and oops, errors. ;-)  It did the same thing to each disk, exit fast
and always the track info errors after.  I'll try to reinitialize the media in
another system with other burn software, likely Windows XP Home / Ahead Nero
7.

Leif