[Debburn-devel] folder dates

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Wed Mar 5 19:18:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

Istvan Gabor quoting Sebastian Trueg:
>K3b uses the -graft-points option with mkisofs.
>preserving the folder dates is buggy in mkisofs only if this
>option is used.

This is trivially true because without -graft-points
every file address argument is mapped to root.
So there are no implicit directories of which
mkisofs has to guess the attributes.

One can do a better job with guessing, though,
i dare to say while wearing my xorriso hat.

It is quite a natural idea to do it like this:
  /dir/in/iso/file1=/hard/disk/path/of/file1
leads to this attribute transfer if directories
of the ISO path do not exist yet:
  /hard/disk          -> /dir
  /hard/disk/path     -> /dir/in
  /hard/disk/path/of  -> /dir/in/iso
xorriso does not transfer the attributes of the ISO
root directory because i deem them rather a property
of the mount point.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas