[Debburn-devel] Program not capable of just simply making iso files with folder recurcive

yellow protoss yellowprotoss at gmail.com
Sat May 3 17:19:48 UTC 2008

Mkisofs is not capable of just simply making iso files :

Please could you help or release a tar.gz with --recursive ?

$ mkisofs -J -r -l -allow-lowercase -o ../yellow.iso *
Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660.
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
Unknown file type (unallocated) checkgmail-1.13/.. - ignoring and
continuing.
Using page000.htm;1 for /page.htm (page.htm)
Using grephttp000.;1 for /grephttp (grephttp)
Using coin000.wav;1 for /coin.wav (coin.wav)
Using ChangeLog000.;1 for /ChangeLog (ChangeLog)
genisoimage: Error: 'ge/coin.wav' and 'coin.wav' have the same Rock Ridge
name 'coin.wav'.
genisoimage: Error: 'grephttp' and 'ge/grephttp' have the same Rock Ridge
name 'grephttp'.
genisoimage: Error: 'orca-1.0.1/ChangeLog' and 'checkgmail-1.13/ChangeLog'
have the same Rock Ridge name 'ChangeLog'.
genisoimage: Error: 'page.htm' and 'ge/page.htm' have the same Rock Ridge
name 'page.htm'.
Unable to sort directory
NOTE: multiple source directories have been specified and merged into the
root
of the filesystem. Check your program arguments. genisoimage is not tar.

I tried all kind of possibilities, but no hopes