[Debburn-devel] schilyutils upload

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Wed Aug 12 14:25:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> ... libburnnia and friends ...
> I have some porting
> work that I need to do to make that happen usefully (e.g. the code in
> genisoimage to generate jigdo files),i

I have read http://atterer.net/jigdo/ and
man genisoimage, especially JIGDO NOTES.
If i understand it right then the task
of genisoimage is to read the -md5-list,
and to generate -jigdo-jigdo and
-jigdo-template along with the ISO image.

> and I'm struggling to find the tuits.

Our libburnia documentation or the one of
jigdo ?
Feel free to use me as online help.
Ask and i will try to find out the answer.

For telling where to implement the jigdo
features i would need some more info about
the task of the ISO 9660 formatter with jigdo.
- What goes in ?
- What goes out and how is it computed ?
- What side effects on the emerging ISO image ?
- How is the relation to the pathspecs given as
  normal genisoimage arguments ?

The implementation candidates would be
- libisofs
- xorriso
Within both we would have to identify the
hooks where to attach jigdo functions to
the existing code.
Both are designed as collection of independent
API functions. Nevertheless the image generation
code of libisofs is quite complex. Best would
be to perform all jigdo operations before
the image stream gets produced.

We do not support UDF yet.
Would that be a problem ?

Have a nice day :)