[Debburn-devel] Problem with TSSTcorp TS-L632N drive

Avramucz Péter muczyjoe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 11:09:14 UTC 2009

Hi!

I use Arch Linux (kernel: 2.6.28.4-1), with wodim 1.1.9 on a HP Pavilion
dv6960 (it's a dv6700
series machine) notebook, with a TSSTcorp TS-L632N optical drive. The
problem:

If I write e.g. an ubuntu-8.10 iso to a Verbatim CD-RW, wodim reports no
errors, but cdck
and md5sum fails. However booting Vista, I can read back the CD contents
successfully,
and md5sum is OK also. However, if I boot with this CD, ubuntu livecd
also reports unreadable
sectors.
I have another machine (a PC), with another TSSTcorp drive, and with the
same software
versions, and it produces the same symptoms, so I suspect this is a
wodim issue with
TSSTcorp drives maybe. I have also tried burning the iso to the disk
with nerolinux, and this
time, cdck reported an excellent disk...
I have also tried cdrecord (2.01.01a57), and it also works, and cdck
says, the disk is OK,
so this should be a wodim issue... :(

Any ideas?