[Debburn-devel] Wodim, GP08NU20 and DAO mode

Campo campo85 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 15:43:59 UTC 2010

  Hi all,
I've a little problem to burn in DAO mode with my LG GP08NU20. In fact,
if I give :

wodim dev=/dev/scd0 speed=8 -dao file.iso

wodim burn the DVD anyway in SAO mode, giving me a warning ( resid :
62448 ) :

wodim: Operation not permitted. Warning: Cannot raise RLIMIT_MEMLOCK limits.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'HL-DT-ST'
Identification : 'DVDRAM GP08NU20 '
Revision       : '1.01'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc DVD-R(W) driver (mmc_mdvd).
Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO
resid: 62448
resid: 62448

Can someone tell me what is resid: 62448 ? Why can not I burn in DAO
mode ? Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advice.