[Debburn-devel] GNU isofsmk (was: Re: Announcing mkisofs 1.13)

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Sun Jan 24 15:16:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 12:09:50AM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> If you really like to take the outdated mkisofs and play with it, I urge
> you not to use the name "mkisofs" for this

Next release will be renamed to GNU isofsmk to make sure users won't get
confused.

> Note that your tar archive contains a file "NEWS" that makes incorrect claims:
>
> -	The software you published does not support files >= 4 GB
>
> 	The original mkisofs supports files > 4 GB (implemented by me)
> 	since 3.5 years.

This claim isn't incorrect, but perhaps isn't clear enough:  It refers to a
limit in the size of the filesystem image itself, rather than its content.

--
Robert Millan

  "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi