[Debburn-devel] LG CH08LS10 not burning CDs

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Thu Jan 28 06:30:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

> The short summary would be that it works under Windows with
> cdrecord Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a61 and does
> not work under Linux, no matter if I use wodim 9:1.1.10-1 or
> cdrecord 20090510-pre9-1.
> [newest cdrecord from source]
> http://paste.debian.net/57856/
> I really don't get why this works with Windows but not with Linux...

Now we are back to the theory of external
disturbance.
If drive and media are ok, then the reason must
be in the Linux environment. I am quite sure
that the kernel is not to blame.

Make a test in Linux single-user mode.
Either by booting your system to that mode
or by downloading, burning and booting
RIP Linux, a small rescue system.
It contains quite fresh burn programs:
  http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/RIPLinux-9.3-non-X.iso
E.g. if your /base directory is on sda2:
  mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
  cdrecord -v dev=/dev/sr0 -dao /mnt/base/iso/grml_2009.10.iso

If this works, then you have to hunt down
the process which spoils your burns in normal
multi-user mode.
If it does not work in single user mode either
then i am clueless again.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas