[Debburn-devel] LG CH08LS10 not burning CDs

Thu Jan 28 10:33:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:40, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup at gmx.net> wrote:

> The single-user mode tests would prove or
> falsify my theory. Same kernel, same burn
> program, but no uncoordinated processes.

I will try it tonight. For my own reference, I will start adding the IDs
I write onto the CD-Rs and DVD-Rs in my emails. That way, I could
even send them to someone who wants to look at what is actually
being written.

> There is a surprising wealth of unpleasant drive
> behavior recently. Pioneer, LG, Samsung, no brand
> seems safe.

Yay?

> We open sourcers need to find out what's going
> on there.

For now, let's hope that it's a process issue. That would be
easier to fix than trying to make manufacturers cater to Linux.

Richard