[Debburn-devel] LG CH08LS10 not burning CDs

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Sat Jan 30 11:26:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Same results, also when blank cd is inserted dmesg gives lots of
> equal errors.
> sr 1:0:0:0: [sr0] Sense Key : 0x5[current]
> sr 1:0:0:0: [sr0] ASC=0x21ASCQ=0x0

This is indeed
  5 21 00 LOGICAL BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE
I would expect it with failed read attempts.

> cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!

This does not stem from any burn program.
You have a molester running.
Find it, kill it.
When it is identified then one should bring
the problem to the Linux distribution which
you have installed. (Debian ?)

If you cannot spot the culprit process, then
you should try RIP Linux in the hope that it
does not run such an offender.
A positve result on RIP and failure on the
installed distro should suffice for
substantiating a complaint.

I am ready to join any technical discussion,
but cannot post a bug report because i cannot
reproduce the bug.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas