[Debburn-devel] LG CH08LS10 not burning CDs

surfed god at youhavechoice.com
Sat Jan 30 23:09:57 UTC 2010

I am at the point of just switching drives again, pita as its a laptop.
It was me who linked to someone who managed to get it to work with different
firmware.
Hal-addon-storage is now disabled following this:
http://diablo.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/man/man2html?hal-disable-polling+1
I dont think this is a bug with linux but rather a buggy firmware.
The dmesg errors are still there, i tried three different medias and
disabled anything that could access my dvd-drive.
I still want to know why i could write 3 disks before it pooped out on me
again. The drive still works fine in Win7
Thanks again
Sascha