[Debburn-devel] genisoimage: -dvd-video needs directory tree

ilf ilf at zeromail.org
Sat May 15 09:19:15 UTC 2010

The genisoimage manual sais for -dvd-video:

"Note that in order to get a DVD-Video compliant filesystem image, you
need to prepare a DVD-Video compliant directory tree. This requires a
directory VIDEO_TS (all caps) in the root directory of the resulting
DVD, and usually another directory AUDIO_TS. VIDEO_TS needs to include
all needed files (filenames must be all caps) for a compliant DVD-Video
filesystem."

Sometimes for creating a directory tree like this, I cannot simply move
the original files, but have to create a seperate directory and copy the
4.3G there. This is rather cumbersome.

How about another switch to generate the valid directory tree on the
fly? I think of something like "-dvd-video-raw ~/foo/V*", taking all the
VIDEO_TS* and VTS_* files there.

What do you think?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

--
ilf						   @jabber.berlin.ccc.de

Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!
		-- Eine Initiative des Bundesamtes für Tastaturbenutzung