[Debburn-devel] Mid-life-crisis switch to Linux development

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Tue Feb 7 07:08:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

> may i join the xorriso mailing list (libburn-hackers{at}pykix.org)

Of course. That's its purpose.
There's not much traffic going on, though.

> and ch eck out the source codes perhaps ( ? ) :)

Tarballs are at
  http://libburnia-project.org/wiki/Releases
Online source:
  http://libburnia-project.org/browser/

There are three libraries involved. xorriso is implemented in libisoburn.
The best starting point for exploring the source would probably be
  http://libburnia-project.org/browser/libisoburn/trunk/xorriso/xorriso.h
and of course the manual page
  http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/man_1_xorriso.html

Underlying standard for ISO 9660:
  http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Ecma-119.pdf
My original source for Rock Ridge specs is gone.
Google for "Rock Ridge 1.12" and "SUSP 1.12" (both documents would be needed).

> no flaunting of my naiveity in front of a professional audience

We have so many urban legends around ISO 9660 and CD/DVD burning.
A bit of naivity can hardly do harm.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas