[Debconfsubs-team] Joining the team, and subtitles only of part of a video

Laura Arjona Reina larjona99 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:29:41 UTC 2014

Hi all
My name is Laura Arjona and I would like to join the team.
My native language is Spanish so I could provide subtitles in English
(well, I hope!) and Spanish.

I've read the docs and former messages to this list :) so I think I know
more or less what to do.

I gave two lightning talks at MiniDebConf Barcelona 2014, and I have
already subtitled them, but as they are only a part of a video, and I am
not sure I can understand well all the other speakers, I don't know what
to do.

So my proposal is:

* Send ITS and RFR for the part that I have, attaching a .srt file that
will contain all the subtitles of the video (in the future, when it's
completed).
* When the file is uploaded, everybody can send ITS and RFR for the
other lightning talks as if they were separate videos, and instead of
sending the complete ".srt" file, send diffs/patches or branches.
* Merge the diffs/patches or branches using git, when they are ready.

What do you think? Feel free to point any other idea or workflow, I'm
not very sure that my proposal makes sense :)

Regards
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona