[debhelper-devel] `dh --with autotools_dev` and `dh_update_autotools_config`

Lukas Schwaighofer lukas at schwaighofer.name
Wed Aug 2 19:44:22 UTC 2017

Hi Niels, hi Henrique,

thanks to both of you for reacting so quickly and improving the
situation :) .

On Tue, 01 Aug 2017 19:09:00 +0000
Niels Thykier <niels at thykier.net> wrote:
> (...)
> I am happy to improve the manpage of dh_update_autotools_config if it
> would help clarify the situation.  Was something along the lines of
>
> """
> This tool is an alternative to dh_autotools-dev_updateconfig and can
> completely replace it.
> """
>
> what you were missing in the dh_update_autotools_config manpage?

Yes, that sounds helpful (probably the wording should be a bit stronger
now that you have agreed to retire dh_autotools-dev_*).  Something
similar should also be put to the dh_autotools-dev_* man pages and
other documentation provided by the autotools-dev package (but I see
you have started that work already, so I won't make any suggestions).

Regarding the dh-autoreconf man page, I've filed a whishlist bug so
updating that man page is not forgotten [1].

I've also updated the Autoreconf page in the wiki.  Would be nice if
one of you could take a quick look at the changes and make sure you are
ok with them [2].

Thanks again
Lukas

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/870518