[Debian-arabic-packages] aspell-ar-large - request for help

Lior Kaplan kaplan at debian.org
Sun Nov 26 23:16:30 CET 2006

Hi Brian,

Since the last time we met, I've managed to be involved in a few aspell
word lists. This time I've encountered with a problem I can seems to solve.

We have two word lists for arabic, a small on (aspell-ar in debian) and
a large one (comes from aspell's site, would be aspell-ar-large in debian).

In order to have aspell-ar-large, we patch the makefile to produce files
with the different name, and we manually changed the content of other
files (*.alias, *.multi).

While installing the package I get this error:
aspell-autobuildhash: processing: ar-large [ar-large]
Error: The file "/usr/lib/aspell/l-ar.cset" can not be opened for reading.

This is when running aspell-autobuildhash (same error if I run it manually).

I couldn't figure why it's still requests this file instead of
"l-ar-large.cset".

Any hint or suggestion would be welcome. Thanks.

debug info:
# dpkg -L aspell-ar-large
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/aspell
/usr/lib/aspell/ar-large.multi
/usr/lib/aspell/arabic-large.alias
/usr/lib/aspell/ar-large.dat
/usr/lib/aspell/l-ar-large.cset
/usr/lib/aspell/l-ar-large.cmap
/usr/lib/aspell/ar-large_affix.dat
/usr/share
/usr/share/aspell
/usr/share/aspell/ar-large.cwl.gz
/usr/share/aspell/ar-large.contents
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/aspell-ar-large
/usr/share/doc/aspell-ar-large/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/aspell-ar-large/copyright
/usr/share/doc/aspell-ar-large/changelog.Debian.gz
/var
/var/lib
/var/lib/aspell
/var/lib/aspell/ar-large.rws
/var/lib/aspell/ar-large.compat
/var/lib/dictionaries-common
/var/lib/dictionaries-common/aspell
/var/lib/dictionaries-common/aspell/aspell-ar-large
/usr/lib/aspell/ar-large.rws

Source package at
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-arabic/pkg/aspell-ar-large/trunk/

just "svn co" and "svn-buildpackage".

--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan at debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0