[Debian-astro-maintainers] Backporting python-astropy-1.3.2 for jessie: fixing unexpected upstream changes

Leo P. Singer leo.singer at ligo.org
Tue Apr 11 15:26:48 UTC 2017

Hi Ole,

I am trying to backport python-astropy-1.3.2 for jessie. I get the following error message:

dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
 python-astropy-1.3.2/astropy/units/format/generic_lextab.py
 python-astropy-1.3.2/astropy/units/format/generic_parsetab.py
dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see /tmp/python-astropy_1.3.2-1~bpo8+1.diff.HlBYeY

It looks like the differences to these files are pretty inconsequential. What is the correct course of action here? Should I incorporate the changes into a patch? Or should I try to prevent them from being modified somehow?

Thanks,
Leo