[Debian-eeepc-devel] boot halts when SD card is inside slot

Damyan Ivanov dam at modsoftsys.com
Fri Aug 1 19:52:01 UTC 2008

-=| Pedro Gapski, Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 03:03:15PM -0300 |=-
> I run debian testing on my eee pc 701. The box has one sd slot, and
> I have a transcend 16Gb sd card on it. When the card was new and
> empty, the system would boot with no problems with the card inside
> the slot. However, after I started writing to it, when I boot the
> system, it halts after hal starts with a read error on the card, and
> a hard boot is required. If I boot without the card in, everything
> goes fine.

Is it possible that the filesystem on the card is damaged somehow?

Since some time I have an 1G sd card in the slot and I admit I have
forgotten about it - it just sits there and the system boots OK.

I use sid, though, that may (or may not) make a difference.

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org