[Debian-eeepc-devel] support of 1680 * 1050 resolution over VGA of EeePC 701 4G under Debian

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 5 14:47:40 UTC 2008

Dear list readers,

tomorrow I am going to install Debian on an ASUS EeePC 701 4G. While
working at home I want to connect a 22 inch TFT-Monitor which has a
resolution of 1680 * 1050. I have it already ordered, but it has not
arrived yet.

On the Internet I read some comments [1][2], that it depends on the BIOS
Version and that you have to overclock the CPU (or it should not be in
power-saving-mode).

Anyway, my question are:

1. Is somebody on this list successfully using this resolution?
2. What BIOS version is running?
3. Do you think that there might be a difference between Xandros and
Debian?
(4. On a side note: Would you think, this is a driver issue, because if
the resolution is demanded, then the CPU should definitely give that
much power, in my opinion.)

Thanks a lot,

Paul

[1] http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=337463#p337463