[Debian-eeepc-devel] What packages are in the EeePC repository? Suggestions.

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Aug 8 09:11:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 03:41:56 +0200
Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> So it looks like all cited packages in the Debian Wiki are in the
> official Debian repositories. But a separat repository is recommended
> [1].

Not quite.  If there are things there that are in the official archives
too, they should be removed.  For instance, I had the
eeepc-acpi-scripts package moved yesterday.  We have some packages (like
atl1e, the ethernet module for models 901/1000(H)) that aren't (yet) in
Debian.  Also, the madwifi-eeepc modules packages are not (nor ever
will be) in the official archives.  Even though we no longer need the
patched source and can use the madwifi-source package in non-free to
build these modules, we still need to build debs of them and put them
at eeepc.debian.net so we can included them in the installer.

See http://eeepc.debian.net/pool

> 2. Could for example the compiled modules for the webcam for different
> Linux kernel versions (2.6.25, 2.6.26) be provided?

It is under consideration.

> 3. Also packages for the precompiled madwifi modules?

They are already.  However, we need to switch from using our
madwifi-eeepc-source to the madwifi-source in non-free.

Ben