[Debian-eeepc-devel] Support for resoltion of 1680 * 1050 (was: Re: package for eeepc-linux for overclocking)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 8 23:57:27 UTC 2008

Dear list,

Am Freitag, den 08.08.2008, 18:17 -0300 schrieb Ben Armstrong:
> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 15:37:53 +0200
> Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > But take a look at the forum. I am not the only one.
>
> I take your word for it ... but they could all be doing something out
> of the ordinary too (or else I'm just lucky to have an early production
> unit, Nov. 2007 and these don't have the problem?)
>
> My BIOS rev according to dmidecode is 0204.

Thanks.

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor          900MHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 630.081
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx up bts
bogomips        : 1262.11
clflush size    : 64
power management:

I could test an EeePC 701 4G with BIOS 0801 and the original Xandros
installation today. 1680 * 1050 is shown in Desktop Panel (?) program.
But using it resulted in a Out of range error by the Asus VW222S
monitor. I saved the /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Does anybody know, if this is
useful for this problem?

Thanks,

Paul