[Debian-eeepc-devel] Fix for 2.6.26 PCI hotplug error when enabling wireless

oz oz at bluemonk.de
Fri Aug 29 17:22:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:14:37 +0100
"Phil Endecott" <spam_from_debian_eee at chezphil.org> wrote:

> oz posted earlier saying that he has WLAN working on his 2.6.26 901;
> does that include working fn-f2 enable/disable?

Hello,

I have not made any acpi configurations so far (and either in the past
with other PCs). Out of the box the Fn+F2 does nothing, the blue
Wireless-LED is always ON.

A first look in the Wiki makes me think I need those additional
packages:

eeepc-acpi-modules-2.6.26-1-686 - Asus Eee PC hotkey support for Linux
2.6.26 on PPro/Celeron/PII/PIII/P4

eeepc-acpi-scripts - Scripts to support suspend and hotkeys on the Asus
Eee PC laptop

Are they apropriate for eeepc 901 or just for previous models?

Do you have your problem after installing that modules and scripts?

Thanks