[Debian-eeepc-devel] Can't connect anywhere with rt2860

Tomaž Šolc tomaz.solc at tablix.org
Mon Dec 8 17:47:09 UTC 2008

Hi

> When using a wpa1 ap, it appears you need to set the protocols. I
> have found setting wep keys and wpa2 networks no problem with the
> driver, but wpa1 can be problematic.

I've tried using the same wpa_supplicant config as in the wiki on my
WPA1 network. No success so far.

 > A lot of people seem to have
> success with wicd or network-manager. see
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Wifi/Rt2860 Let us know how
> you go, and feel free to update the wiki page if think there is
> something worthwhile adding to it. (you just have to register a
> nickname to be able to edit)

Hm. Graphical tools don't seem to work any better than the command line
for me.

WICD says "Validating authentication..." for a minutue and then falls
back to "Not connected".

NetworkManager doesn't even see the device (although the module is
loaded and ra0 shows up in "ifconfig")

Thanks for your help. I'll keep digging and report any findings.

Tomaž