[Debian-eeepc-devel] New ralink driver: rt2860mac

Daniel Moerner dmoerner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 07:39:06 UTC 2008

I just tested the driver.  It was a massive failure for me.  First, it
wouldn't compile at all on the 2.6.27 kernel I was using--I guess I
shouldn't have overridden all those warnings in the makefile.

When I switched back to 2.6.26, the driver showed up fine, and after
modprobing cfg80211 and mac80211,  I was able to run insmod on it.
However, no device showed up.  Nothing in dmesg, nothing in /proc,
nothing in iwconfig.

Unless I am missing something obvious it seems like this
reimplementation is just a proof of concept or is seriously broken.
Given the lack of an official announcement I can't tell which is
correct.

In any case, I hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up prematurely!

--
Daniel Moerner <dmoerner at gmail.com>