[Debian-eeepc-devel] Synaptics driver fail on EEE PC 900

Alessandro Pellizzari alex at amiran.it
Sun Jul 27 08:49:43 UTC 2008

Il giorno sab, 26/07/2008 alle 12.46 -0300, Fabio Pugliese Ornellas ha
scritto:

> I am trying to make my synaptics touchpad work on 900, but it won't
> recognize the hardware:
> The configuration is pretty much the same as Asus default Xandros, but there, it works as expected. My guess is that Asus patched either the kernel or the xorg driver to make it work, I'm still to find out which

Asus patched the kernel, the psmouse driver.
The touchpad is an Elantech one, so maybe they patched the xorg
synaptics driver too, but I am not sure, because patching psmouse you
could make the elantech "synaptics compatible".

There has been some work by eeeuser forum users to make the standard
(kernel) driver recognize horizontal scrolling, zooming and triple touch
but most of them have problems.

I tried looking to the sources, but I am no kernel developer, and I
couldn't find a way to fix it. :(

Bye.