[Debian-eeepc-devel] ethernet not working

Robert Epprecht epprecht at solnet.ch
Fri Mar 28 17:20:36 UTC 2008

I have done several installations during the past few days, which
went all fine. Today I did another one but after reboot the LAN
does not work. The only difference I can think of is another
partitioning, which could hardly have this effect.
modprobe atl2 does not find the module.

I repeated the installation to reduce the chance of user error,
but got the same result. I was using the very same usb stick
for all the installations.

Did something change in lenny that could cause this?

BTW: how can I recover now?
     (I still have working installations at hand to borrow the module).

Robert Epprecht