[Debian-eeepc-devel] Ralink/wicd reconnect problem

Wulf Hofbauer wulf.hofbauer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:21:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

Like others I have problems (re)connecting to wifi networks using the latest
version of the wicd network manager - it times out while claiming to
"validate" my WPA access. I also had a similar exprience when using an oen
wifi access point.

Actually, I believe the problem is with wicd. The wifi link is up,
configured, and authenticated after wicd fails; simply starting a  dhcp
client from a terminal after wicd fails successfully estalishes intrnet
cnnectivity.

Hope that helps.