[Debian-eeepc-devel] 5 second boot

Santi Béjar santi at agolina.net
Sun Oct 12 16:24:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Santi Béjar <santi at agolina.net> wrote:
> Sure, but I would prefer to speed up the resume stage as I use it more often.
> Currently it spends ~15s (not sure, as I don't have my 701 here).
> Do you know how can I debug it? I've activated the pm-utils logging
> and it runs in less than one second. I've used bootchartd to record
> what is running, but it is resumed too late to debug it.

I've found that pciehp is taking a lot of time. It is better removing
it before the suspend, and loading it afterwards. It goes from 14.5
sec to 8.5. I have this in /etc/pm/config.d/local:

SUSPEND_MODULES="ath-pci pciehp"

(the ath-pci because if not the wireless does not connect afterwards).

Attached you have the kernel messages for a whole suspend/resume
cycle, with and without removing pciehp. With the time recomputed with
respect the "Back to C".

HTH,
Santi