[Debian-eeepc-devel] Fan does not turn off on Eee PC 701 4G (was: Re: Goals for Squeeze?)

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Wed Apr 1 16:02:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 18:45 +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> > Alright. I will try 2.6.28 and report back in some days.
>
> … until eeepc-acpi-scripts with 2.6.28 support hits experimental or
> unstable.

I'm using 2.6.29 (with eeepc-acpi-scripts from git) and my fan does turn
off after a while.

I'm not really sure if the kernel upgrade did any difference though, as
I can't say I have given it much thought in the past. Fine tuning the
fan speed and adjusting the trigger point for the temperature with
fancontrol is probably the best idea.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson