[Debian-eeepc-devel] Beta 1 of eeepc-acpi-scripts 1.1.0 available for testing

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 4 21:44:38 UTC 2009

I demand that Sven Arvidsson may or may not have written...

> On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 00:25 +0100, Darren Salt wrote:
>> http://bugs.debian.org/522472

> Great!

> I did notice one thing after playing around with it some more. If
> brightness is set to maximum and I try to increase it again, I don't get an
> OSD. (The same goes for minimum of course)

This is "by design": there isn't a KEY_BRIGHTNESSUNCHANGED. I could have it
send KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN if already at minimum or KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP if already
at maximum, I suppose, but I don't really see much point.

(The BIOS reports 0x20+brightness, as can be seen if you run acpi_listen and
alter the brightness. This is easier in that the brightness doesn't then have
to be read for reporting purposes...)

> This is different from the volume buttons where the OSD always is shown,
> even if I'm already at max.

It should be reasonably easy to tweak this to avoid this reporting of no
change (compare amixer before and after)...

> Not sure if this is problem with g-p-m or the buttons, anyway it's a
> minor problem.

Fine; I'll leave both alone for now, but I'm listening should somebody try to
convince me one way or the other...

| + Use more efficient products. Use less.          BE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT.

..and the great tagline hunter crouches silently, text editor at the ready..