[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian kernel 2.6.26-2 and wlan0 not working

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Apr 14 01:02:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:49:39 +0200
leandro noferini <lnoferin at cybervalley.org> wrote:
> I am  founding a  trouble using new  kernel from package  linux 2.6.26-2
> From debian unstable  because wireless is not working:  trying to toggle
> the wireless on/off does not work as it remains always off.
>
> It works normally with kernel 2.6.26-1.

A new kernel in a point release of Lenny snuck by us without any
warning, so now we have to scramble to get matching modules for
2.6.26-2 into our repository. Sorry about that.

Please test:

http://eeepc.debian.net/debian/extra/madwifi-modules-2.6.26-2-686_2.6.26+0.9.4+r3772.20080716-4_i386.deb

We've had some snags getting rt2860 rebuilt.  Both should be fixed and
in the repo soon, and a new installer image built.

Alternatively, install module-assistant and use 'm-a a-i madwifi' (or
for rt2860 'm-a a-i rt2860').

As for atl2 (ethernet for some models, including 701, 900) there is a
new package of that in the main Debian repository, but it may not be
picked up by the current installer image.

See http://packages.debian.org/atl2-modules-2.6.26-2-686

Ben