[Debian-eeepc-devel] OT: Compile software on different system

David L. Johnson david.johnson at Lehigh.EDU
Sun Apr 19 03:16:11 UTC 2009

Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>

> I need to compile some software for my Eee PC 701 4G which is not that
> fast. Therefore I wanted to do this on my desktop system. I guess, it
> should be as easy as building the Debian package on the desktop system
> and copy the resulting package to my Eee PC.

Absolutely no problem.  As long as your desktop is a 32-bit Intel
platform, it works like a charm.  I used to use an ARM machine, which
required cross-compiling or compiling it locally, but the 701 presents
no problem, since it is, after all, a celeron-based machine.

--
David L. Johnson