[Debian-eeepc-devel] Video tearing on 1000HE

Cory Nelson phrosty at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:18:10 UTC 2009

Has anyone been able to play videos without tearing on a 1000HE?  If so, how?

I have tried mplayer with several output drivers -- xv, gl, etc. --
but can't get it to work.  I found some people mentioning to use
overlays, setting the xorg option "XvPreferOverlay" "true", but it
seems to do nothing.  I have noticed I get
"[drm:i915_get_vblank_counter] *ERROR* trying to get vblank count for
disabled pipe 0" logged but I'm not sure how to go about fixing that
(or if that is even the root problem).

I'm using Lenny with the 2.6.29 backport, and no compositing.

Thanks!
--
Cory Nelson