[Debian-eeepc-devel] 5 second boot desktop with documentation

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Wed Jun 24 09:03:22 UTC 2009

Le Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:32:34 +0200,
Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl> a écrit :

> Thanks for your email, I did some testing please see the attachments.
> is causing the delay :D
>
> time modprobe eeepc-laptop
>     real    0m17.319s
>     user    0m0.008s
>     sys     0m0.060s
>
> The printk.time=1 did not do anything on my system, also see the logs,
> and according /proc/modules I am also not using the pciehp module.

  Hello,

  I had the same problem with eeepc-laptop module taking about 20 s to
be loaded with previous kernel (2.6.29) ; I did solve it by adding a
boot parameter, 'acpi_enforce_resources=strict', as stated here :
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-eeepc-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg01757.html

I don't know if it's the same problem and if this proposed solution
works with a 2.6.30, but I'll test it soon as my eeepc (1002HA) has the
same problem than yours, excepted that with a Lenny+Gnone system, I go
to 1'01 to boot :-( I wonder how you can boot in less than 10s, as my
system only load all needed(?) modules with udev in about 20 s !

	Fred.