[Debian-eeepc-devel] fn+f4 to control screen

Tanguy Ortolo tanguy+debian at ortolo.eu
Fri Jun 26 08:07:18 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 25 juin 2009, Jeff Sadowski a écrit :
> fn+f4 invokes an acpi event and I can run a command as root using
> standard acpi functionality. However I would like to run xrandr as the
> user on the x session that is running. How would I do such a thing?

In the acpi-support package, I think there is such a code, that finds
the X user and su '$X_USER -c "xrandr …"'.

> The wireless and volume control buttons showed up as standard buttons
> to X and I was able to use them to run commands as the user logged
> into X using xbindkey. However xbindkey does not seem to work properly
> with fn+f4 even if I use acpi to launch acpi_fakekey <keycode>. for
> now I will use one of the other keys that show up as a different
> keycode already in X.

Last time I tried to do such a think (on a ThinkPad, which “IBM support”
button is handled by thinkpad-acpi), I found that faking *some* keycodes
did not allow to captch them and bind them to a user shortcut, whereas
some did…

--
Tanguy Ortolo