[Debian-eeepc-devel] DebianEeePc support for Acer Aspire One?

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 23:55:50 UTC 2009

I've recently purchased an Acer Aspire One (model ZG5, with linux) and I want
to make it a Debian machine. Unfortunately I hadn't had much luck with the
DebianAcerOne wiki article, where I even fail to make netinst boot properly.

Thankfully there is the DebianEeePc project. It appears to be very compelling
and, as the computers in this class have an awful lot of hardware in common, I
believe that it may also easily support similar systems such as the Acer
Aspire One, if it doesn't already. Yet, as it isn't mentioned in the
DebianEeePC/Models article, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to simply try it
out.

So, knowing that, isn't it possible for the DebianEeePc project to support the
Acer Aspire One?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel