[Debian-eeepc-devel] Mounting SD Card at boot time

Conny uncurbed at swipnet.se
Mon Mar 2 21:58:17 UTC 2009

Michael Pobega skrev:
> I have an EeePC 901, and I have a problem with my SD card not mounting
> at bootup; my SD card is only recognized JUST AFTER my file systems are
> mounted.
>
> I'm wondering if there is some sort of trick to have my SD card
> recognized earlier in the boot sequence?

  Mount it in fstab.

This is  done from the terminal/shell with root access (sudo)
Make shure you know where the card is,  something like /dev/sdxx.
Figure it out with the command: fdisk -l
Then the command: mkdir /media/MMCSD (you can replace MMCSD with what
ever you like)

Put these lines at the end of the file /etc/fstab with the command:
gedit /etc/fstab

/dev/sdb1 /media/MMCSD auto user,umask=1000,auto,exec,rw 0 0
            |__your device may be different

Save fstab and run the command: mount -a (with the SD card in the reader)
Every time you boot up the card is mounted in /media/MMCSD

If you don't have the folder /media just replace it with /mnt or some
other folder on you harddrive.