[Debian-eeepc-devel] Status of 900 with 2.6.28 - ath5k and rfkill

Patrick Strasser patrick.strasser at tugraz.at
Fri Mar 6 17:55:51 UTC 2009

InSa wrote am 2009-03-06 14:16:
> Hello,
>
> I have upgraded my eeepc 900 running sid with 2.6.28 last week and
> everything is working fine except 2 things:
>
> - Fn+F2 (wifi toggle) doesn't work anymore (with ath5k module, I
>   didn't tried madwifi). In fact "/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/wlan"
>   doesn't exist.

I'm using linux-image-2.6.28-1-686 and eeepc-acpi-script 1.0.11 on my
701 and I found at least 3 problems:

* /usr/share/eeepc-acpi-script/functions.sh:detect_wlan has no idea of
the ath5k module and interface name, which should be wlan0 with ath5k.
* the wlan-switch was moved to rfkill:
/sys/classes/rfkill/rfkill/state
* disabling and reenabling wlan with rfkill broke the driver:
I get ath5k phy0: failed to wakeup the MAC Chip
The only way to reenable wlan I found until now is the trivial one:
reboot :-(

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>