[Debian-eeepc-devel] lightweight battery meter

Gene Cash gene.cash at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 00:17:41 UTC 2009

What's a good battery meter app? I'm hoping for one that has settable
alerts for low battery conditions.

I'm using fvwm2 and trayer, so I'd really like to not have to install an
assload of dependencies on wmaker and things like that.

I've been spoiled with the nice interface in wicd-client, and I'm hoping
to find something similar.

Barring that, what's a good howto for writing an app to interface to
ACPI and perhaps fire off an xdialog? I didn't have much luck on Google.

-gc

--
Unix: Where /sbin/init is still Job 1.