[Debian-eeepc-devel] serous instabilities on 2.6.29-1-686 on eeepc 901

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Tue Mar 31 21:38:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 09:53:58PM +0100, Darren Salt wrote:
> > Yesterday I installed the latest 2.6.29 on debian sid, on my eeepc 901 with
> > the latest bios. I am experiencing serieus lockups that need to manualy
> > poweroff the system even sysrq RISEUB does nothing!
>
> > In the last 24H that i am using the kernel already got 4 lockups, they will
> > just happen playing internet radio with mpg123.
>
> No problems here with 2.6.29 (local build) and BIOS versions 1808 and 1903.

No such problems on the 701 either. Used my 701 as radio with vagalume
to listen to the Last.fm strean last Sunday.

The only "problem" I noticed is that when it awakes after suspend to
RAM, it suspends to RAM always a second time after approx. 10sec. Had
this behaviour with 2.6.26, but I'm not sure about 2.6.28.

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe at deuxchevaux.org, abe at noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/