[Debian-eeepc-devel] very long delay when loadin eeepc-laptop on 901 and 2.6.29

homemr at gmail.com homemr at gmail.com
Sun May 10 00:55:08 UTC 2009

On  9May18:47, Luca Niccoli wrote:
>  Hi everybody,
>  since I upgraded to 2.6.29-2 (from 2.6.28) whenever I load
>  eeepc-laptop for the first time since boot I get a consistent 14
>  seconds delay.
>  This is obviously very annoying at boot time; for now I've resolved
>  blacklisting eeepc-laptop and loading it at the end of the boot
>  process.
>  The only reference I found is
>  http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/Kernel/2009-02/msg04464.html
>  but the thread doesn't get anywhere AFAICS...
>  Has anyone else this problem?
>  Cheers,
>  Luca

Hi, i have had similar problems and i found some where in the net
that appending  acpi_enforce_resources=strict as a kernel option at boot time
solves the problem. It have worked form me :-)
It appears to be a problem where different drivers strugle for the same device if a remember well.

Cheers,
homemr