[Debian-eeepc-devel] New tests was: Weird behavior with display

Ernesto Domato edomat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 04:40:19 UTC 2009

Well, I was being a little suspicious so I decided to reinstall the
machine but this time with Lenny instead of Sid and the system is
running without the display behavior.

So, my first suspect on what could be causing the problem is the new
system that will eventually replace hal that is DeviceKit, but not
this only but some interaction with power management and display
state.

It's very premature to have any conclusion really, but what I'm going
to do tomorrow (right now is a little late on this part of the planet
called Argentina) is to change the repositories to Squeeze and begin
migrating some parts of my system to see if I can catch who is causing
the problem to me. If that doesn't work, I'll test using directly Sid
but I guess that Squeeze should work fine unless some packages is hold
on Sid waiting for some other dependencies or the like.

Thanks,
Ernesto.